June 5, 2014

Possum Tails Hibernation

Possum Tails has become too much for me to keep up with every week - I've been struggling really badly with it for a long time now. To relieve some of the pressure and give myself time to draw other things and (most importantly) do stuff away from the computer for a change, I'm going to post comics less frequently. So instead of Possum Tails being a weekly comic, it'll now be a semi-weekly comic. If I still can't hack that, I'll have to push it back to monthly. (I'm hoping it won't come to that.)

Think of it as a sort of Possum Tails hibernation - at some point when I'm much more capable, I'd like to return to weeklies. I don't know when that'll be though.

Really sorry about this - I really wish I could keep up the pace, but I'm at my wit's end with these weekly deadlines. For the next comic, I'll try and shoot for next week.

4 comments:

  1. How do you do the texture for Boris' eyes, the backgrounds, the fur, and etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a mixture of the burn and dodge tools in Photoshop - one lightens color and the other darkens it. I set the exposure very low so the effect isn't too strong (usually varying from 5% to 15% depending on the color I'm darkening or lightening - some seem to need more to leave an effect), then I just scribble over it with back and forth motions. For a hair texture I go over it with the burn tool, then the dodge tool. For many things like the background tile texture though, the burn tool is really all that's needed.
      I also use the same tools for shading and making things look shiny (though I usually use a larger brush when doing this).

      Sorry it's been a ghost town around here! I'm currently trying to finish several comics so I'll have a bit of a deadline buffer for when I get back in the game. When that is... I'm not sure. Hopefully soon, but I've got quite a ways to go.

      Delete
  2. Do you have an estimated time when you will come back to posting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm definitely aiming to be back in business before the year is over. Ideally, in a month or so. Realistically... not sure. Hopefully the same.

      ...And holy cow, I should've made an update MONTHS ago! Yeesh! I really dropped the ball there... Well, I'm going to get started on that right now. Better late than never, I suppose. Really sorry for the absence, Possum Tails will be back with vengeance! ...Eventually!

      Delete