May 31, 2013

Ever Get That Feeling

Those animals forgot to click to enlarge. Don't share their tragic fate!

Wow. This is pretty graphic. It's weird how used to this kind of thing people have gotten, last time I checked nailing dead animals to the wall sounded a bit psychopathic. Egh... Some things I will never get used to.

Anyway, hi! Looks like Possum Tails is going to be a weekly comic at this rate, hope you don't mind. I can't guarantee that I'll be coming out with a new comic every Friday, but hey, I can try.

I spent what felt like all week erasing and redrawing the first panel over and over, trying to get Remus to look just right. It wasn't until I decided to just say 'To heck with it' and doodle without stressing myself that I made any progress. The trick to drawing is to stop trying and just draw. No matter how many times that lesson is hammered into my head, it never really sticks.

The comic came out pretty nice though. I think I did a bit better with legibility. I put much more detail in than necessary (and visible), but that's not the end of the world. So, yeah. Hopefully next week you'll be seeing another comic. My current plan is to make a brand new one instead of a remake. I figure it's best if I balance them out.

Hugs and lungfish!
- Nolan P.

No comments:

Post a Comment